Ticket sales and booking conditions
BOOKINGS: Full payment is required to make an electronic or over the counter booking
TICKET SALES: Open at departure point 30 minutes prior to departure time shown. To avoid disappointment, advance booking is recommended: 1800 440 101 or www.pichirichirailway.org.au
The following Passenger Classification Definitions apply:
- Free: Passengers under 4 years may travel free of charge if they do not occupy a seat.
- Children: Aged 4–14 inclusive, and Secondary School students 15+. Student cards must be shown on request.
- Concession: Passengers carrying a valid Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, Health Care Card or tertiary Student Card. Cards must be shown on request.
- Family: 2 adults and up to 2 children or full-time secondary students.
- Adult: Other passengers aged 15 and over
- Group: A discount of 10% off the combined total fare applies for group bookings of 15 or more paying passengers travelling on the Pichi Richi Explorer, Afghan Express, Twilight Explorer, Barwell Bull and Flinders Flyer services. Group discount does not apply to Private Hire or Charter services, or special events.
Conditions of travel
SEATING: All seats on all services are unreserved. It is suggested that you arrive 45 minutes before scheduled departure time to select your seat. Seating is configured so that it runs along each side of the carriage under the windows with the exception of the Barwell Bull and trailer car where the seats face the direction of travel.
CHILDREN: Children must be accompanied by an adult and adults/parents/carers accompanying children are reminded of their responsibility and need to adequately supervise and control those in their care.
PRAMS: Trains comprise of historic carriages that have steps and narrow doorways making access for large prams difficult or impossible. Collapsible strollers can be accommodated.
DISABLED ACCESS: Travellers who require mobility assistance are asked to phone the Quorn Visitor Information Centre Ph 08 8648 6419 or 1800 440 101 to discuss their needs before booking. Fold-up wheelchairs can be accommodated, however travellers must have sufficient mobility to embark or disembark via the carriage steps as there no wheelchair loading facilities available.
PETS: No pets are allowed on scheduled services. Guide Dogs are permitted.
LIQUOR: No on-board consumption of liquor is allowed with the exception of special events when a special restricted license will detail the conditions of consumption.
SMOKING: Smoking is prohibited in trains and in station buildings and Pichi Richi Railway facilities.
PASSENGER CONDUCT: Anti-social conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the offender being removed from the train.
SAFETY: The safety of travellers is paramount to Pichi Richi Railway and it adheres to accredited safety and maintenance standards monitored by the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator. From time-to-time, train staff may issue information or directions that are safety-related and your attention and co-operation is appreciated.
DANGEROUS GOODS: Carriage of dangerous goods on passenger trains is prohibited.
CHANGES OR CANCELLATION OF SCHEDULED SERVICES:
Pichi Richi Railway Preservation Society Inc. (PRRPS) advises that the timetabled service is subject to cancellation or alteration without notice.
A proposed steam-hauled service may be replaced by a diesel railcar or diesel locomotive for the following reasons:
- In the case of fire bans being issued in the Flinders District;
- Prevailing weather conditions posing a hazard to operations; or
- Mechanical breakdown or circumstances outside the control of PRRPS.
In the unlikely event that a service is cancelled, PRRPS will offer a replacement ticket on an alternative service at a mutually acceptable time. No refunds are offered. No-show or failure to board your booked service: no refunds offered.
No refunds are offered for shortened or incomplete journeys.