Quorn is a real outback railway town just 40 km from Port Augusta in the heart of the Flinders Ranges.
Quorn has been used as a backdrop for many famous films including Gallipoli, The Shiralee, The Tracker and most recently Russell Crowe's The Water Diviner.
Ten things to do in Quorn
- Ride the Pichi Richi Railway (of course!). While you wait for your train, there's plenty more to see and do in and around Quorn.
- Take a self-guided walk around the station yard or the wider township. Pick up a brochure from the Flinders Ranges Visitor Information Centre, located in the railway station.
- Book a workshop tour and go behind the scenes of the railway.
- Explore Quorn's quirky and high quality cafes, all located on the main street a short walk from the railway station.
- Emily's Bistro is housed in the original R. W. Foster's Great Northern Emporium and retains all of the original fittings of this antique general store. Part bistro, part-treasure trove, and all quality country hospitality.
- Quorn Café in the heritage 'Argadell's' building serves up innovative food with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients. Gluten-free, lactose-free and vegans catered for.
- At Quandong Café, try and buy delicacies crafted from the native quandong—a tangy, peach-like flavour that's sweetly memorable. The café houses a fascinating display of memorabilia from the many movies that have been set in and around Quorn.
Visit the Flinders Ranges Visitor Information Centre, located in historic Quorn Railway Station, and plan your own top 10!